Photobioreactor PBR-5.4 is an autoclavable glass / stainless steel photobioreactor with vessel volume of 6.2 L (working volume 2 – 4.5 L, inner diameter – 150 mm).
Laboratory bioreactor PBR-5.4 is devised for precise phototrophic cultivation of algae and cyanobacteria.
Bioprocess controller BIO-4
In the bioprocess controller BIO-4 are included: colored 5.6” touch screen interface display, thermostat, peristaltic pumps, LED cover, illumination control, air and СO2 gas supply unit.
Bioprocess controller BIO-4 ensures:
- Control of pH, pO2, illumination (LED) intensity, temperature, foam and culture level
- Display of the process data (temperature, pH, pO2, illumination intensity etc.)
- CO2 supply via automatic pH control or manual CO2 gas flow rate control
- Illumination intensity control – 0 to 100% (0 to 1500 µmol/m2/s)
- Control of the illumination intensity as a time dependent profile program
- Illumination day/night cycles
- Remote control of the experiment via internet, real time data acquisition and plotting (SCADA Control System)
- Thermoregulation (is carried out trough double wall bottom (jacket), with thermo-stating water circulation)
- Both static and day/night temperature control is possible
- Mixing (provided by mixer consisting of 2 propeller type turbines devised for shear sensitive microorganism cultivation
- Addition of various substances (provided by peristaltic pumps for hemostat cultivation mode and fed-batch control (fed-batch control constant or pulse).