We offer stainless steel bioreactors from 20 till 15000 liters, as well as bioreactor lines, including other technological vessels. An autonomous bioreactor consists of 3 main parts:
- Bioreactor vessel;
- Technological stand;
- Control cabinet, including PLC.
Technological stand and bioreactor are interconnected with PTFE or parallel wrapped stainless steel hoses reinforced with braid of stainless steel wire.
The bioreactor can be integrated in the fully automated technological lines, using the group of controlled pneumatic valves:
- In the bottom of the vessel;
- In the inlet of a sparger;
- in the lid.
|Vessel design, volume|
|Vessel design||Jacketed with heat insulation. Movable lid (till 1000 liters). The hydraulic lifting of lid. By vessels over 1000 liters is used manhole with corresponding size. Side glass on the upper cylindrical part of the vessel|
|Total volume (L)||15 – 20 000 (customized)|
|Working volume (L)||10 – 16 000 (customized)|
|H/D range||1.1 – 3.2 (customized)|
|Surface quality||Inner vessel wall: surface roughness lower than 0.63μm.
Outer vessel wall: surface roughness lower than 0.8 μm (pickled & passivated)
|Materials||-The material of the parts, contacting with product is stainless steel 316L;
-For parts, not contacting with product (for example, jacket) – stainless steel 304;
– O-ring gaskets and membranes in contact with the product – EPDM;
– Insulation – mineral wool 50 mm thick;
– Casing insulation – stainless steel 304;
– Sight glass – heat-resistant glass Pyrex;
– Hoses peristaltic pumps – silicone rubber of a pharmaceutical quality.
All bioreactors have insulation over the jacket. The outside surface of insulation is covered by stainless steel 304
|Pressure||For all vessels the maximal design pressure inside the vessels – 3.0 bar, in jacket – 3.5 or 4.0 bar|
|Temperature (maximal)||135 °C|
|Lid||Following accessories are placed in the lid of a basic configuration: membrane pressure manometer, safety valve, needles with membrane valves for titrating (2-4), sight glasses with lighting, overpressure sensor with control signal, foam and level sensors, CIP washing head, additional sanitary tri-clamp based connections|
|The upper jacket section of vessel||Vertical viewing window (250 x 80 mm), connection of the thermostat cycle, sparger connection, 2-4 DN25 side-entry ports according to Ingold standard for aseptic addition|
|The lower jacket section of vessel||DN25 ports according to Ingold standard are installed in the lower cylindrical part for inserting sterilizable pH, pO2 and temperature sensors, as well as a DN25 port according to Ingold standard for the sterilizable sampling device|
|Bottom of vessel||Multifunctional pressure transmitter is used to measure pressure inside the vessel. Although it is used for liquid volume measurements.
Manual or pneumatic diaphragm valve for emptying the vessel which is associated with direct steam supply for sterilization.
|Mixing||Novel magnetic coupling mixing with top or bottom placed motor with reduction gear.
For microbial cultures 2 – 3 standard Rushton turbine type agitator is used for mixing medias.
Optionally pitched blade or marine impellers for shear sensitive conditions.
Maximal mixer rotation speed (for Rushton turbine):
20 till 50 L – 750 rpm; 2500 L – 200 rpm;
70 till 150 L – 650 rpm; 4000 L – 180 rpm;
200 till 300 L – 600 rpm; 10000 L – 120 rpm;
400 till 650 L – 450 rpm; 15000 L – 100 rpm.
700 till 1000 L – 320 rpm
|Aeration||Through ring sparger with maximal flow 2 vvm. Optionally mass or volume flow control, gas (O2, N2, CO2) mixing and supply in overhead.
Aeration system may be configured for both microbial and cell culture, and includes:
– Filter-Reducer with pressure gauge to set up supplied air pressure;
– Flow switch or rotameter for measuring supplied air flow in the range 0 – 2 vvm (volume of air per volume of fluid per minute);
– Mass flow controller (MFC) in the range of 0 – 1 vvm (as an option);
– Gas mixing system up to 4 different gases in different combinations (air, O2, N2, CO2,NH3)
– Chemically inert PTFE membrane filter cartridges which are inherently hydrophobic used as air and gas-sterilizing filters for incoming and outgoing air (Manufactured by PALL, USA). Filters are installed in the steam sterilizable stainless steel housings;
– Automatic gas flow control system (O2, N2, CO2, NH3) using a mass flow controller (the MFC) (optional);
– The measurement of the O2 / CO2 concentration ratio in the exhaust air (optional);
– Automatic pressure control system in the fermenter vessel, mounted on the exhaust air line (optional)