Research on obtaining high-quality products by using microalgae cultivation in laboratory and pilot-scale photobioreactors.
The aim of the project is to develop technology for astaxanthin’s extraction in Latvia’s conditions and to develop controlled laboratory and pilot-scale photobioreactor.
The aim of Ltd. “Belss” is to develop technology for astaxanthin’s extraction; the aim of JSC “Biotechnical center” is to develop controlled laboratory and pilot-scale photobioreactor.
During the project such activities are planned:
- Activity: Study on the effect of external environmental factors on microalgae cultivation.
- Activity: Development of laboratory-scale photobioreactor.
- Activity: Photosynthesis cultivation studies in laboratory scale and studies on conditions necessary for pilot-scale photobioreactors.
- Activity: Development of pilot-scale photobioreactor
- Activity: Studies on scale transition regularities by using photosynthetic bioreactors.
- Activity: Development of astaxanthin extraction technology.
Start of the project: 01.01.2014
End of the project: 30.04.2015